But I have to decide which shoes I want to wear for the half:
- My workhorse Nike Pegasus 30s. I have nearly 200 miles on these now, and they're still holding up great. They're a bit squishy, however, and I find myself wondering how much energy I lose compressing the sole.
- Pros: I know I can run twelve miles in these without trashing my legs.
- Cons: I think they force more of a heel strike than I'd like, and I think they might slow me a bit.
- My Saucony Mirages. These are sort of the stability version of the Kinvara, with a plastic insert on the medial side and a stiffer, less flexible sole. They're very light and they feel fast.The uppers don't fit my feet as well as the Nikes, but I ran 6 miles at an 8:48 pace in my last race in them, and they are extremely responsive.
- Pros: Quick, light feels.
- Cons: Worried the lack of cushioning will trash my legs if my longest run in them is six miles.
So, I'm really not sure. I'm tempted to take the Mirages on a longer run, but I'm worried that I'll introduce an injury before the race.
What should I do?