Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Mulligan. (Week Five Recap.)

Not the best week five, I'll grant you.  I plead a sinus cold, insomnia, exhaustion, and the mountain being on fire.

Monday:
The Plan: 3 miles + strides, or XT.
What I did:  XT, focusing on deadlifts and planks.

Tuesday:
The Plan:  Five miles.
What I did:  Five miles.

Wednesday:
The Plan:  XT, or rest.
What I did: Strength training, and reviewed my shoes.

And here the wheels fall off the wagon:

Thursday:
The Plan:  3-5 miles.
What I did:  Took a nap, followed by a nap, followed by Tylenol and Sudafed.

Friday:
The Plan:  3 miles or XT.
What I did:  Ran my favorite trail for 3.8 miles with +/-440 elev.

Friday night:  Did not sleep.

Saturday:
The Plan:  Long run of eight miles.
What I did:  Took a nap.  Elected to move long run to Sunday morning.

Sunday:
The Plan: Rest
My modified plan: Long run of eight miles.
What I did:  Watched the mountain catch on fire; made pot de creme.

Of a planned 21 miles, I managed 9.  Ouch.

I'm still too drained to run, so I suspect the missed long run will turn out to be a blessing in disguise.  I can complete eight miles easily, and next week moves up only to nine, so this shouldn't set me back too much as long as I get out there tomorrow and get back on track.

My goal this week is to figure out nutrition and sleep.  I don't track calories, because it tends to make me nuts, and I usually don't have to worry about sleep.  But I've been so worn down lately that I think I need to get both into gear if I am to keep up with the early morning workouts.



No comments:

Post a Comment