Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

Wheeee.

So, that was interesting.  We had another windy morning and I've been really tired lately, so I opted to sleep in until 6:30AM and forgo a short 3-mile run in favor of yet another strength training Monday.

Today's strength workout totally caught me by surprise.  Coach posted the workout earlier, and when I first looked at it, I figured it would be an easy Monday.  Surely better than a 3 mile run + strides.

- Warm up
- 4x6 overheard press @ 85 %
- sets of 5 dead lift: 50%, 65%,75%,85%,90-95%
-3x8 bent rows, moderate weight
-3x8 lat pull downs
- max front plank x 3

Oh, did you notice what I missed there?

- sets of 5 dead lift: 50%, 65%,75%,85%,90-95%

As it turns out, 5 reps of 95% max weight, which is EQUAL TO MY BODYWEIGHT, is a hell of an evil workout.  I was briefly lightheaded.  But this didn't happen, so it's all good:

My face looked like that, though.

My max plank is 2 minutes and 10 seconds.  And then a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment