Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

This is just unfair.

Yesterday after the gym I wasn't feeling well, but I chalked it up to ordinary tiredness and low blood sugar after a tough workout.  Today, it's pretty clear that I've got some kind of head cold and sore throat.

The usual rule of thumb is that it's okay to workout as long as the symptoms are limited to "above the neck."  But as I have swollen neck glands and exhaustion, I think I'm going to skip my planned five miles today and see if I feel better with a bit of rest.

Plus, I have a killer KILL THE COLD soup recipe:

  • Chicken broth (Better Than Bouillon)
  • Sriracha
  • Powdered ginger
  • Garlic powder
8oz of broth, smidge of sriracha, ginger, and garlic.  Instant rehydration, and I believe fervently with no evidence that hot sauce kills germies.

I had such a nice trail run planned.  Stupid summer colds.


No comments:

Post a Comment